- Be at least 23 years old.
- Have sufficient income to meet your own family’s expenses and financial obligations.
- Submit to criminal records clearances, including the California Department of Justice and FBI Live Scan and Child Abuse Index Check.
- Have adequate space – no more than two children per bedroom.
- Must be able to provide a suitable, safe, and stable environment.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Complete required training.
- Additional state requirements.
Services Available To You
- An assigned social worker with a master’s degree and who will provide weekly home visits.
- Crisis management provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A support group which includes other foster parents who share their experiences and practical advice.
- An individualized case plan for the foster child in your home which includes a comprehensive array of mental health services as needed.
- “Away Time” for you to relax and renew yourself.